Atamdarshan Center for Spirituality and Counseling, located adjacent to St. Xavier’s College, Patna, offers a five month Diploma Course in Holistic Body/Mind/Heart/Spirit Integration Program for personal integration and facilitation of individuals and groups. The entire experience is equivalent to one year of core curriculum in any recognized Higher Educational Institution with a minimum of 900 hours of integrative process. The Program is scheduled from the second week of January to the third week of May every year.
Nature and Purpose
Every human person is a composite of body, mind, heart, and spirit, open to oneself, others, cosmos, and the divine. An integration of these aspects of the human person is essential to bring about peace and harmony within oneself, others, cosmos and the divine. For this purpose the five month holistic integration program facilitates those in helping ministries: formation, spiritual direction, retreat work, social action, education, pastoral work, youth work, leadership, medical profession, etc., their personal integration and provides them with skills for facilitation of individuals and groups in their growth towards holistic integration.
Contents of the Program
Making use of the ancient wisdom of East and West as well as modern findings in social sciences, psychology, spirituality, prayer, meditation, and mysticism, Atmadarshan Experience attempts to bring about holistic body, mind, heart, and spirit integration.
Integration of the Body
Integration of the body is made possible through Body Dynamics, Deep Relaxation, Yoga, Vipassana, Meditation Therapies, and various Healing and Empowerment Procedures.
Integration of the Mind
Integration of the mind is brought about by Intensive Journal, Enneagram, Myers-Briggs, Dreams and Symbols, and processing of Life Transitions.
Integration of the Heart
Integration of the heart is processed through Counseling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, NLP, Focusing, and Color Therapy..
Integration of the Spirit
Integration of the spirit facilitated through AMR (Awareness Meditative Relaxation) leading to Prayer, Meditation, Mysticism, Discernment of Spirits, Spiritual Direction, and Holistic Integration Retreat.
Communion of Love
Communion of love is experienced at the core one’s being through Analysis of Family, Society, Culture and Religion, Belief System Processing, Group Process, and experience of the Good News of Jesus in the human progress towards a more just, more free, more loving, more sharing, and a more humane society.
From these experiences a more integrated person emerges with greater peace and harmony at the core of one’s being. This initiates a person to an encounter with the mystery of the Eternal Spirit, Atman, dwelling in the cave of one’ heart (Atmadarshan). Since the Eternal Spirit is the ocean of Love and Compassion, Atmadarshan Experience leads the person to love and compassion for all beings, especially the poor, oppressed and the marginalized.
The participants are trained in various Helping Skills: Counseling, Psychotherapy, and Meditation Therapies, leading to AMR Therapy, Research Work, Spiritual Direction, and Retreat Direction. Moreover, every experience is monitored, assessing each participant’s level of assimilation: head, heart, gut, group interaction, and personal integration. At the end of the five month experience a Diploma in Atmadarshan Experience (Dip-in-Ad-Exp.) is awarded to the successful participants.
The Staff consists of Atmadarshan Staff and Associate Resource Persons.
- Twenty seats are available for the Atmadarshan Experience: ten for men and ten for women.
- The minimum qualification for admission is a Batchelor’s Degree or Equivalent from any recognized Educational Institution.
- The applicant should have at least five years of experience after ordination/final profession.
- The applicant must furnish a recommendation letter from his/her Major Superior/Bishop.
- The applicant must furnish a recent medical certificate from a recognized physician.
- Prior to the completion of the admission process every candidate should attend any one of the short programs listed as pre-requisite in the Atmadarshan Program Sheet.
- Application Forms are available at the Atmadarshan Office. The last date for receiving completed application for the coming year will be 30th September of the current year.
- When admission is granted, a letter of acceptance will be sent to the applicant.
- If for some reason the applicant cancels the admission, his/her seat will be given to the next person in the waiting list.
- Registration will have to be completed before 30th November of the current year after admission is granted by paying the Registration and Course Fee as listed in the Admission Requirements.